Modified BitumenCategories: Flat Roof Systems
Modified Bitumen (MB) roofing is an asphalt-based, close cousin of the Built-up-Roof (BUR) designed for buildings with low-slope or “flat” roof structures. Engineered modified bitumen roofing membranes have been used successfully in the United States and Canada since approximately 1975. Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems are designed to withstand harsh exposure to extreme environmental elements. With five layers of protection, it’s one of the most trusted flat roofing systems used in the industry today.
- Typical system guarantees available for up to 15 years, select system constructions available with up to 20 year guarantee coverage
- Lightweight — installed roof designs weigh less than 2 pounds per square foot
- Durable — specially formulated modified asphalt gives long lasting performance
- Resilient — Polyester mat core allows it to resist splits and tears due to its pliability and elongation characteristics
- Available in granulated black, white, burnt sienna blend, cedar blend, slate blend, weathered wood blend